Thursday, September 8, 2011

Sock it to me???


It's that wonderful, cozy time of the year. Football, warm soups, baked goodies, a chill in the air - all these things indicate fall is here.

According to fashion magazines this season, when the temperatures drop we have the choice to pull up our socks. Yes - socks worn with heels are in style. Actually the socks on the scene appear to be "falling" or short and sweet. I have to admit the trend is a little quirky but I actually think with the right shoes and outfit it looks stylish. Designers have turned the clock back this fall by borrowing from decades past closets. This particular trend brings back flashes to me from the 80's.

I conducted a small poll on Facebook to see what other women thought of the trend. Not one person responded yes they would try it. In fact, I have to admit, I am a little sad some said they don't wear heels. I wonder if that's never? On a funny note - a few girls responded they would have to buy bigger shoes!

Living in the Midwest I'll most likely stick to the ongoing tights trend for the warmth factor. However, if I lived in the warmer parts of this country I would definitely try and rock socks.

No comments: